Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We gave this facility an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Minneapolis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Short-term Care Quality
Even though this place's overall grade was terrible, it actually performed well in the category of short-term care. We gave it a B for that area, which is one of our higher scores. This is one of the only positive things we can say about this nursing home. In determining these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility really excelled in our nursing category, where it received a grade of C. Few places fared better in this category. There are a host of datapoints included in this category. Most of these subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. With nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines of over $100,000. This generally indicates that a bad performance spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 94.73684 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 4.16% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 94.15% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.08 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita1.51 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton2.55 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.08 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit3.11 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis3.18 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita3.78 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.4.21 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- East River Road Dialysis4.32 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556