Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center is a large facility located in Denver, Colorado. We gave this facility a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 26 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, while this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to discover that this nursing home earned a decent short-term care score in our assessment. We gave it a grade of C in this category. Short-term care grades are vital for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The real question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our long-term care grade. This is well below average in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated only 60.42654 percent of its residents, which is several points lower than we expected. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
This nursing home did not receive a favorable inspection grade. We gave it just a just D in this category. Inspection ratings relate to a nursing home's inspections. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. Generally, you should be especially cautious when considering a nursing home with severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 84.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 25 other nursing homes
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)0.74 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)2.03 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Mile High Pd (Dva)2.03 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)2.03 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.35 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)3.62 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)4.39 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)4.54 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672