Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center is a large facility located in Denver, Colorado. We gave this facility a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 43 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Although this facility's overall grade was horrible, it actually didn't perform quite as poorly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a C for that area, which isn't bad. This was not enough to spare its otherwise poor profile. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated only 81.05023 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing grade is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center?
Among this nursing home's worst category grades was an F for its inspection rating. Generally, this means we found some red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. For places with poor inspection ratings, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular facility had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care, where this nursing home received a very poor grade in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is obviously very concerning. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most critical for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 85.7% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)0.74 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)2.03 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Mile High Pd (Dva)2.03 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)2.03 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.35 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)3.62 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)4.39 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)4.54 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672