Bethany Mhs Health Care Center is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana, which has 151,705 people. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a well below average score. This isn't the worse place we looked at, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Mhs Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lafayette senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections rating. This grade is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best area turned out to be its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a grade of B-. In crafting these long-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Mhs Health Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is an abysmal score. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Mhs Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 1.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 6.3% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 27.08% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 13.44% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 73.68% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 24.16% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 24.86% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 24.86% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 9.05% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Mhs Health Care Center, 61.08% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.6 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 16.52 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette0.43 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - East Lafayette2.04 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - North Lafayette2.45 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)2.48 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - West Lafayette3.17 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis4.55 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge8.84 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Sunset13.75 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702