Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Ripon, California. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we found. This facility was given one of the top grades we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities nationally. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care. Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also excelled in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A- for that area. Short-term care grades are generally used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a strong grade of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.02 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- Satellite Healthcare North Modesto4.16 miles away4207 Bangs Avenue, Suite 100 Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 338-2500
- Wellbound of North Modesto4.16 miles away4207 Bangs Ave. Suite 200 Modesto California 95356Dialysis Stations: 3 (209) 338-2540
- Archway Dialysis of Modesto4.97 miles away3001 Health Care Way Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 543-1720
- Manteca Dialysis Center7.16 miles away1620 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 825-3905
- Parkway Kidney Center7.19 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Yosemite Street Dialysis7.21 miles away1650 West Yosemite Avenue Bldg 2 Manteca California 95337CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (209) 824-5552
- Archway Modesto Home Training8.88 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto9.35 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691