Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Ripon, California. This is a very good facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the country. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Ripon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a B. This facility ended up being relatively strong in all areas we analyzed. Our short-term care grades are presumably most meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Home Society San Joaquin County, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.02 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- Satellite Healthcare North Modesto4.16 miles away4207 Bangs Avenue, Suite 100 Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 338-2500
- Wellbound of North Modesto4.16 miles away4207 Bangs Ave. Suite 200 Modesto California 95356Dialysis Stations: 3 (209) 338-2540
- Archway Dialysis of Modesto4.97 miles away3001 Health Care Way Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 543-1720
- Manteca Dialysis Center7.16 miles away1620 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 825-3905
- Parkway Kidney Center7.19 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Yosemite Street Dialysis7.21 miles away1650 West Yosemite Avenue Bldg 2 Manteca California 95337CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (209) 824-5552
- Archway Modesto Home Training8.88 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto9.35 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691