Bethany Home of Rhode Island is located in Providence, Rhode Island. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we found. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. You simply can not do much better than this nursing home. Scroll down to see this place's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Home of Rhode Island
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Providence senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Providence, Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Providence, Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Providence, Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it received an impressive grade in inspections. Inspections ended up being its best category. In this area, we gave this nursing home an A. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf assessment, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent short-term care score, with a score of A. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Home of Rhode Island?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its fine assessment, this facility also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a grade of A. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.64865 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to our next category, this facility also performed admirably in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that area. This rounded out truly elite report card. In calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Home of Rhode Island Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents which have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 2.02% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 93.99% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Home of Rhode Island, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Providence, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Providence, Rhode Island has 5 other nursing homes
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 1.98 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 2.69 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.13 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.68 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Nna of Providence1.75 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of East Providence1.81 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Providence2.46 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna - Pawtucket3.07 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket3.64 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center4.2 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340