Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing is a large nursing home located in Nashville, Tennessee. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Nashville. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
421 Ocala Drive,
Nashville TN 37211
94.44% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a favorable long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.71795 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In determining these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last area we analyzed was nursing, proved to be this facility's worst area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. This really was one of just a couple of dings on a strong profile. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few subcategories, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 9.14% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 88.31% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 6 other nursing homes
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dci Southern Hills2 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis2.1 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dialysis Associate, LLC3.16 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic4.53 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East7.04 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Dci Medical Center8.39 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn8.48 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis8.72 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162