Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing is a large nursing home located in Nashville, Tennessee. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Nashville. At the end of the day, this facility is a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a favorable long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 95.918365 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our better scores in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Our final category is nursing, where we gave this facility a C in this area. The nursing rating is based on many components, however, the main consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 89.05% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 10 other nursing homes
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dci Southern Hills2 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis2.1 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dialysis Associate, LLC3.16 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic4.53 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East7.04 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Dci Medical Center8.39 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn8.48 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis8.72 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162