Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing is a nursing home in Nashville, Tennessee which has 431,336 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this is a good nursing home. The facilities in Nashville received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Tennessee to find a nursing home. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
421 Ocala Drive,
Nashville TN 37211
91.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in that category. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B+. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.85714 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.24 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a much better hospitalization rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides a greater volume of physical therapist hours to its residents than the average nursing home. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Tennessee in this area with 61.4 percent of its residents returning home. With most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
The last area we scored was nursing. We gave this facility a D for our nursing category, leaving this as the nursing home's worst grade. Nursing scores are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below average. While this nursing home's nursing hours are below average, it actually surprised us in a few of the qualitative metrics in this category. In particular, we were pleased to see that its residents appear to be suffering fewer pressure ulcers than the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 8.77% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 89.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 6 other nursing homes
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dci Southern Hills2 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis2.1 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dialysis Associate, LLC3.16 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic4.53 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East7.04 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Dci Medical Center8.39 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn8.48 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis8.72 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162