Bethany at Pacific is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Everett, Washington. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a high quality nursing home. In our view, this facility looks like a good fit for quite a few people. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Bethany at Pacific
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
916 Pacific Avenue 3rd-5th Floors,
Everett WA 98201
65.58% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for short-term care. In forming our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Washington in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany at Pacific?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also earned a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.63946 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Lastly, we also found that this facility has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a score of B- in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany at Pacific Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany at Pacific, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany at Pacific, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany at Pacific, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany at Pacific, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany at Pacific, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany at Pacific, 13.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany at Pacific, 92.89% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany at Pacific, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany at Pacific, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany at Pacific, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany at Pacific, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany at Pacific, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Providence Regional Medical Center EverettAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away1321 Colby Avenue Everett Washington 98201Voluntary non-profit - Church(425) 261-2000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Cascade Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away330 S Stillaguamish Ave Arlington Washington 98223Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 435-2133
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.22 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Puget Sound Kidney Center0.03 miles away1005 Pacific Ave Everett Washington 98201Dialysis Stations: 25 (425) 259-5195
- Everett Dialysis Center3.69 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Pilchuck Dialysis6.34 miles away1250 State Ave Marysville Washington 98270Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 651-0780
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis7.61 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Puget Sound Kc South12.8 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center12.83 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kidney Center - Monroe13.19 miles away18121 149th St Se Monroe Washington 98272Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 863-3313
- Puget Sound Kidney Center Smokey Point13.47 miles away18828 Smokey Point Blvd Arlington Washington 98223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 454-5280