Bethany at Pacific is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Everett, Washington. This nursing home was given a very respectable overall score of B, which is better than most of the facilities in Everett. Based on our assessment, this place is a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Bethany at Pacific
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this facility also received an elite nursing score. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. There are a variety of factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany at Pacific?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the category of long-term care, where it received a B-. In the area of long-term care, we look at the amount of care provided by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.29578 percent of its patients. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last category we assessed, this facility earned a decent score in inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B- for that category. This facility didn't have any major weaknesses. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany at Pacific Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany at Pacific, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany at Pacific, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany at Pacific, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany at Pacific, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany at Pacific, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany at Pacific, 13.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany at Pacific, 93.71% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany at Pacific, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany at Pacific, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany at Pacific, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany at Pacific, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany at Pacific, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Everett, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Everett, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Providence Regional Medical Center EverettAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away1321 Colby Avenue Everett Washington 98201Voluntary non-profit - Church(425) 261-2000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Cascade Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away330 S Stillaguamish Ave Arlington Washington 98223Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 435-2133
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.22 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Puget Sound Kidney Center0.03 miles away1005 Pacific Ave Everett Washington 98201Dialysis Stations: 25 (425) 259-5195
- Everett Dialysis Center3.69 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Pilchuck Dialysis6.34 miles away1250 State Ave Marysville Washington 98270Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 651-0780
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis7.61 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Puget Sound Kc South12.8 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center12.83 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kidney Center - Monroe13.19 miles away18121 149th St Se Monroe Washington 98272Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 863-3313
- Puget Sound Kidney Center Smokey Point13.47 miles away18828 Smokey Point Blvd Arlington Washington 98223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 454-5280