Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a very-large nursing home located in Bronx, New York. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Bronx. This nursing home has some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile is its stellar inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bronx senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally positive view of this nursing home's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received positive long-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this category, with a grade of B. This proved to be the facility's second best grade. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.11414 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing?
The next area we looked at was nursing, where we gave this facility an F. This was definitely one of this facility's major weaknesses. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care. We gave it an F for this area, which is a very poor score. This is certainly a significant disappointment. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents that have had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 90.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beth A1braham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 14 other nursing homes
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Davita Allerton Dialysis0.15 miles away2554 White Plains Rd Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 231-1285
- Davita Bedford Park Dialysis Center0.56 miles away3119 Webster Avenue Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 920-1530
- Morningside Dialysis Center LLC.0.79 miles away1000 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 904-6518
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.9 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.9 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013
- Davita Laconia Dialysis1.33 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Davita Hutchinson River Dialysis1.39 miles away2331 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 19 (718) 547-0612
- St. Barnabas Hospital Opd Dialysis Center1.5 miles away4451 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (718) 960-3860