Located in Advance, North Carolina, Bermuda Village is one of just two nursing homes in the area. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the more impressive facilities we looked at. A score of this caliber requires high-end scores across the board. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home excelled in inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility was given a strong score of A- in our short-term care area. With our short-term care category, we strive to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bermuda Village?
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home was given a first-rate grade of A- in our long-term care category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 79.22078 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing grade in our assessment, with a grade of B-. While this wasn't as dominant as many of its other scores, this remains a decent grade in that category. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bermuda Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bermuda Village, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bermuda Village, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bermuda Village, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bermuda Village, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bermuda Village, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bermuda Village, 2.92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bermuda Village, 88.16% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bermuda Village, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bermuda Village, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bermuda Village, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bermuda Village, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bermuda Village, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University10.21 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University10.7 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit11.2 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University12.23 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University14.69 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.51 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity16.27 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- Yadkin Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.35 miles away225 Washington Street Yadkinville North Carolina 27055Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 677-1182