Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Advance, North Carolina. This city has a population of 14,150 people. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. This isn't the worse facility we looked at, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection reports. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall score, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 97.28682 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is short-term care. This facility received a poor grade of F in this category. Our short-term care grades are critical for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With its grade in this category, we were not surprised to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.01% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 87.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University10.39 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University10.53 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit11.35 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University12.39 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University14.87 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.78 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Yadkin Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.03 miles away225 Washington Street Yadkinville North Carolina 27055Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 677-1182
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity16.31 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577