Berkley Manor Care Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Denver, Colorado which has a population of 958,706 people. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Denver. Even in a city featuring 40 nursing homes, this facility ought to be a fine choice. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Berkley Manor Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. The nursing category consists of many factors, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Berkley Manor Care Center?
This nursing home also received favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this facility received a grade of C in long-term care, which is generally an acceptable grade. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility administered the vaccine to only 80.67227 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Berkley Manor Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 2.94% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 15.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 6.25% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 86.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 14.55% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 20.94% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 20.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Berkley Manor Care Center, 69.09% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 39 other nursing homes
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)1.34 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)1.43 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.34 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)4.07 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)4.1 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)4.42 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)4.5 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.55 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107