Bentleys Extended Care is a facility in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a population of 927,396 people. With an overall score of B, this is a fine facility. Based on our analysis, this place has quite a bit going for it. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bentleys Extended Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3060 Ashby Road,
Saint Louis MO 63114
66.38% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a favorable short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bentleys Extended Care?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home was given a B- in this category. In calculating these long-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bentleys Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bentleys Extended Care, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bentleys Extended Care, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bentleys Extended Care, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bentleys Extended Care, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bentleys Extended Care, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bentleys Extended Care, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bentleys Extended Care, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bentleys Extended Care, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bentleys Extended Care, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bentleys Extended Care, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bentleys Extended Care, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.1.23 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton2.22 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis2.68 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Natural Bridge Dialysis3.28 miles away8980 Natural Bridge Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63121Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 426-2064
- Saint Louis West Dialysis3.51 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Fmc - Bridgeton3.6 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Fmc - Creve Coeur4.37 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Hazelwood Dialysis4.95 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039