Bentleys Extended Care is a facility in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a population of 927,396 people. With an overall score of C, this is a respectable facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Saint Louis, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bentleys Extended Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Short-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this facility received favorable marks in the area of short-term care this year. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B+. This proved to be the nursing home's top score and helped its profile overall. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is typically a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. There are a variety of criteria included in this category. Many of these subcategories are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bentleys Extended Care?
We also found that this facility has earned favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home was given a grade of C for long-term care, which we consider to be a decent grade. In computing our long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.68787 percent of its patients, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bentleys Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bentleys Extended Care, 14.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bentleys Extended Care, 4.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bentleys Extended Care, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bentleys Extended Care, 24.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bentleys Extended Care, 20.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bentleys Extended Care, 0.62% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bentleys Extended Care, 98.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bentleys Extended Care, 16.56% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bentleys Extended Care, 11.21% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Bentleys Extended Care, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bentleys Extended Care, 11.21% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.1.23 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton2.22 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis2.68 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Natural Bridge Dialysis3.28 miles away8980 Natural Bridge Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63121Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 426-2064
- Saint Louis West Dialysis3.51 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Fmc - Bridgeton3.6 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Fmc - Creve Coeur4.37 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Hazelwood Dialysis4.95 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039