Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Kent, Washington, which has 147,876 people. This is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable grade. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Kent senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a decent grade in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 96.732025 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category of government inspections, we gave this nursing home a C for this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in categories G through L. This tells you that inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to patient safety or health. We didn't find anything on this facility's inspection reports to be overly alarming.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 13.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 92.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Benson Heights Rehabilitation Center, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Swedish IssaquahAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah Washington 98029Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 313-4000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Kent Community Dialysis Center1.37 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center2.73 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center5.35 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center5.51 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700
- Total Renal Care, Inc5.94 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center5.94 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Total Renal Care, Inc6.84 miles away4110 Ne 4th St Ste E Renton Washington 98059Dialysis Stations: 7 (425) 226-2408
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center8.27 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262