Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has a total of 1,022,298 people. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our higher grades. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. We assessed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home an A- for inspections. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In crafting our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a strong grade of B. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 94.155846 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 4.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 93.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Benedictine Health Center of Minneapolis, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 0.73 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 1.41 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit0.42 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita0.47 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.0.79 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis1.47 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita2.2 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Davita - Uptown2.24 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis2.94 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita2.98 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847