Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, which has an abundance of nursing homes. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best ratings we offer. This nursing home even proved to be one of the better facilities in Saint Paul, which boasts as strong a group of nursing homes as any city in Minnesota. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also quite good. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. We looked at the levels of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our grade in this category. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B. Even though this was not as favorable as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable grade. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.77419 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 4.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 93.57% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 7.81 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- East River Road Dialysis2.66 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton3.16 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita3.56 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita5.28 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban5.47 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita5.9 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis5.98 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis6.35 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260