Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, which has an abundance of nursing homes. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best ratings we offer. Indeed, this is actually ranked among the fifteen best nursing homes in the city. Saint Paul is lucky to have so many facilities of this quality. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1101 Black Oak Drive,
Saint Paul MN 55112
94.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly perfect. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care grade. This is flat out as dominant as it gets in this area. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be more meaningful for folks needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are a number of subcategories included in this category. Many of the datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this facility's worst area. A nursing home is doing something right when it's poorest score still beats out most nursing homes. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 96.17021 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 4.58% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 93.31% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Benedictine Health Center Innsbruck, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 7.81 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- East River Road Dialysis2.66 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton3.16 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita3.56 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita5.28 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban5.47 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita5.9 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis5.98 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis6.35 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260