Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln is a nursing home located in Lincoln, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 5,112 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. It was given one of the highest grades that we offer. We rated this nursing home in the 100 best facilities in Massachusetts, which is a distinguished list. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category grades, which are also quite good.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lincoln senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care score, with a grade of A. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a top-shelf long-term care grade. This actually is its third strongest category score. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last area we looked at is nursing, in which this facility was given a grade of B. Although this turned out to be its poorest category rating, this is still a favorable score. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 8.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 5.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 12.4% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 66.7% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Dci Walden Pond4.01 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham6.87 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis7.37 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Davita Woburn Dialysis8.5 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis8.95 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Wellesley Dialysis9.85 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.29 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston10.46 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592