Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln is a nursing home located in Lincoln, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 5,112 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a quality choice. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3 Harvest Circle,
Lincoln MA 01773
214.37% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's quality category scores came in the category of long-term care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.55173 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final category we assessed is nursing. We awarded this facility a D for the area of nursing, leaving this as the facility's weakest area. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This number is significantly below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Benchmark Senior Living at The Commons in Lincoln, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Dci Walden Pond4.01 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham6.87 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis7.37 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Davita Woburn Dialysis8.5 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis8.95 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Wellesley Dialysis9.85 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.29 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston10.46 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592