Located in Mckinney, Texas, Belterra Health & Rehab is one of only three nursing homes in this area. Featuring an overall rating of C, this looks like a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Mckinney, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Belterra Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Mckinney senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall grade was bolstered by the fact that it has received favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in this category, with a B+. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores was in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Belterra Health & Rehab?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. There are a variety of datapoints included in this category. Most of these datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care, which proved to be a low point for this facility. We gave this facility a grade of D in our short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. With its poor rating in this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this facility offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belterra Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belterra Health & Rehab, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 11.92 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Mckinney on 380 Dialysis0.36 miles away5329 West University Mckinney Texas 75071Dialysis Stations: 13 (214) 491-4263
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Mckinney2.92 miles away1831 Harroun Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 548-1511
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC4.92 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Mckinney Dialysis4.93 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Dialysis Services of Allen7.25 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Allen Dialysis8.41 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709
- Renal Center of Frisco9.65 miles away10850 Frisco St, Suite 300 Frisco Texas 75034Dialysis Stations: 21 (214) 872-2421
- Clough Dialysis, LLC9.68 miles away6116 Sports Village Rd. Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 362-5763