Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home in Belmont, Massachusetts. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Belmont senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a top notch facility overall, it also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. With our short-term care score, we try to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to note the fact that this facility was awarded an impressive score of A- in our long-term care category. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.71245 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we scored was nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a B+. This completed a very favorable profile. Only a select few nursing homes received a B+ or higher in every category. The nursing rating includes a variety of subcategories. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.68% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 99.36% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.82% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.58% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.58% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 6.1% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 65.51% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 5.64 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham1.01 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis1.83 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston3.29 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Dci Ball Square4.27 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Kidney Center4.78 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.9 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)4.91 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Davita Brookline Dialysis5.27 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794