Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home in Belmont, Massachusetts. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the country. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category scores, which are just as impressive as its overall score.
Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
34 Agassiz Avenue,
Belmont MA 02478
82.24% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.54442 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we gave this facility a grade of A for our short-term care rating. This is a very impressive grade. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In our final area, this facility also was awarded a first-rate nursing rating, with an A-. This completed an elite report card. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belmont Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 5.64 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham1.01 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis1.83 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston3.29 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Dci Ball Square4.27 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Kidney Center4.78 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.9 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)4.91 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Davita Brookline Dialysis5.27 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794