Bellingham Park Lane is a small nursing home in West Chester, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. We rated this facility as one of the top 100 facilities in Pennsylvania, which is a distinguished list. This nursing home also received strong grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bellingham Park Lane
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall grade, we gave this place a grade of A+ for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category grades. In calculating our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is often a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellingham Park Lane?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care score, with a B+. This rounded out a very favorable report card. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 81.01266 percent of its patients, which is slightly less than we expected. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellingham Park Lane Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellingham Park Lane, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellingham Park Lane, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellingham Park Lane, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellingham Park Lane, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellingham Park Lane, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellingham Park Lane, 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellingham Park Lane, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellingham Park Lane, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellingham Park Lane, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bellingham Park Lane, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellingham Park Lane, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellingham Park Lane, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellingham Park Lane, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for West Chester, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? West Chester, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 14.7 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester0.97 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis3.31 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc4.24 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Dialyze Direct Pa LLC6.23 miles away495 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 300 Exton Pennsylvania 19341Dialysis Stations: 1 (484) 870-9260
- Riddle Dialysis Center7.92 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.9.28 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.9.73 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis9.84 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719