The Watermark at Bellingham is a small nursing home in West Chester, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Pennsylvania. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of high-end nursing homes. We also gave this nursing home impressive scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Watermark at Bellingham
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on West Chester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be given more than one A+ category grades. Our short-term care grades are likely more meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Watermark at Bellingham?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for our long-term care score. This topped off an elite report card. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 70.297035 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Watermark at Bellingham Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 10.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 0.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 83.15% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 23.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 23.93% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 0.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 23.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 8.82% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 77.66% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 14.7 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester0.97 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis3.31 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc4.24 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Dialyze Direct Pa LLC6.23 miles away495 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 300 Exton Pennsylvania 19341Dialysis Stations: 1 (484) 870-9260
- Riddle Dialysis Center7.92 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.9.28 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.9.73 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis9.84 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719