The Watermark at Bellingham is a small nursing home in West Chester, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. We rated this facility as one of the top 100 facilities in Pennsylvania, which is a distinguished list. This nursing home also received strong grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Watermark at Bellingham
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall grade, we gave this place a grade of A+ for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category grades. In calculating our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is often a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Watermark at Bellingham?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a favorable grade of B. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 78.82353 percent of its residents, which is slightly less than we expected. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Watermark at Bellingham Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Watermark at Bellingham, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for West Chester, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? West Chester, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 14.7 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester0.97 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis3.31 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc4.24 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Dialyze Direct Pa LLC6.23 miles away495 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 300 Exton Pennsylvania 19341Dialysis Stations: 1 (484) 870-9260
- Riddle Dialysis Center7.92 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.9.28 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.9.73 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis9.84 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719