Bellflower Post Acute is a small nursing home located in Bellflower, California. This turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing grade, which you can find in the next section.
Bellflower Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9710 E. Artesia Ave,
Bellflower CA 90706
87.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a nursing rating which is better than its overall grade. We gave this facility an above average score of B in this category. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this nursing home was given positive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest score. Short-term care grades are commonly used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellflower Post Acute?
We also found that this facility has received favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care score of C. In calculating our long-term care scores, we analyze the personal care offered to the facility's residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellflower Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellflower Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellflower Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellflower Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellflower Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellflower Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellflower Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellflower Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellflower Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellflower Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellflower Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellflower Post Acute, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellflower Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Bellflower, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Bellflower, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.59 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Davita-Artesia Home Training1.12 miles away16506 Lakewood Blvd, Suite 100 Bellflower California 90706Dialysis Stations: 8 (562) 920-4084
- Davita-Bellflower Dialysis Center1.23 miles away15736 Woodruff Avenue Bellflower California 90706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (562) 804-3099
- Davita-Paramount Dialysis Center1.52 miles away15625 Lakewood Blvd. Paramount California 90723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 790-2478
- Davita-Nephron Dialysis1.68 miles away5820 Downey Avenue Long Beach California 90805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 663-0788
- Fmc-Bellflower1.91 miles away10116 Rosecrans Avenue Bellflower California 90706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (562) 920-2070
- Davita-Lakewood Dialysis Center2.3 miles away4611 Silva Street Lakewood California 90712CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (562) 633-7441
- Davita Mayfair Dialysis2.6 miles away4930 Paramount Blvd Lakewood California 90712Dialysis Stations: 36 (424) 296-6870
- Davita-Cerritos Dialysis2.86 miles away19222 Pioneer Blvd., Suite 101 Cerritos California 90703CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 924-9990