Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center is in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This turns out to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this nursing home. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A- for our short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are often employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This nursing home didn't prove to have any weaknesses. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.09524 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 92.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis1 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City1.32 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis1.75 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City4.42 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Northwest Bethany4.59 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC5.17 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.22 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Ou Children Dialysis6.27 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302