Belleair Health Care Center is an average-sized facility in Clearwater, Florida. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best scores. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Belleair Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.28058 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Belleair Health Care Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing score is mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home received an acceptable short-term care grade. Even though this is not quite as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is still not a major area of concern. Our short-term care grades are critical for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belleair Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belleair Health Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belleair Health Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belleair Health Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belleair Health Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belleair Health Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belleair Health Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belleair Health Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belleair Health Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belleair Health Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Belleair Health Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belleair Health Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belleair Health Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belleair Health Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.42 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater0.52 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC0.97 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc2.94 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.53 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center6.28 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Lake Seminole Dialysis6.5 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180