Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home in Wyandotte, Michigan. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, short-term care is its best category. In that area, we gave this facility an A. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. The nursing rating weighs many datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care. This is the nursing home's least impressive category rating. However, you should not focus exclusively one weak score. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.87234 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belle Fountain Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 13.98 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Riverview Dialysis of Davita0.61 miles away18236 Fort St Riverview Michigan 48193CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (734) 283-4513
- Davita - Southgate3.18 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor4.9 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC5.41 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr6.29 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor6.4 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services8.39 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Dearborn at Home9.65 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343