With an address in Bellbrook, Ohio, Bellbrook Health and Rehab is the lone option we found there. This facility was given an overall rating of F. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it earned a very impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A-. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that have too many deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable score was short-term care, but it still received just a D in that category. This ended up being a well below average grade. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is considered to be a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. With its poor grade in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this nursing home provides substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellbrook Health and Rehab?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. There are a variety of datapoints within this area. Most of the subcategories reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care, where this facility received a very poor grade in this area also. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is obviously very concerning. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated just 76.344086 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 90.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis2.01 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc4.74 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Fkc- Centerville Home4.76 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South7.05 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis7.13 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Dayton East at Home7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East8.88 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859