Bellbrook Health and Rehab is a small nursing home located in Bellbrook, Ohio. It looks like this facility is a well below average facility. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. This is not the worse nursing home we looked at, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bellbrook senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. The nursing score assesses many factors, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellbrook Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse category is short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a well below average grade. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With a score this poor for this category, we were not stunned to discover that this facility was below average in many staffing metrics we assess. In fact, it supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This facility was given a poor grade of F in that area. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 92.07921 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis2.01 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc4.74 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Fkc- Centerville Home4.76 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South7.05 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis7.13 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Dayton East at Home7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East8.88 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859