With an address in Bellbrook, Ohio, Bellbrook Health and Rehab is the lone option we found there. This facility was given an overall rating of F. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it earned a very impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A-. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that have too many deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its short-term care score. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Based on its weak grade in this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellbrook Health and Rehab?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a very poor score in this category also. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area, which is obviously a major disappointment. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 74.19355 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points below what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellbrook Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellbrook Health and Rehab, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis2.01 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc4.74 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Fkc- Centerville Home4.76 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South7.05 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis7.13 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Dayton East at Home7.58 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East8.88 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859