Bellbrook is one of only three available facilities located in Rochester, Michigan. This is an A+ rated facility, which is the top rating we offer. Not surprisingly, this proved to be the top nursing home in Rochester. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We awarded them an A+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A+. We looked at the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellbrook?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this first-rate facility also performed remarkably in the area of long-term care. In this category, we awarded it a A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We gave it an impressive grade of A for that category. This topped off this place's straight A report card. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellbrook, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellbrook, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients that experienced a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellbrook, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellbrook, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellbrook, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellbrook, 3.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellbrook, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellbrook, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellbrook, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellbrook, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellbrook, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellbrook, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.52 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC1.22 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita2.33 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC2.45 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC4.98 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby6.14 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.16 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Greenfield Hs - Troy7.85 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis8.27 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954