Bellbrook is one of only two available facilities located in Rochester, Michigan. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive scores that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Rochester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in our short-term care rating. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. We looked at the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bellbrook?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our higher scores in this category, with a grade of B. Although this is not as strong as several of this nursing home's other scores, it is still a perfectly acceptable score. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bellbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bellbrook, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bellbrook, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bellbrook, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bellbrook, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bellbrook, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bellbrook, 3.38% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bellbrook, 91.02% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bellbrook, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bellbrook, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bellbrook, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bellbrook, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bellbrook, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.52 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC1.22 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita2.33 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC2.45 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC4.98 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby6.14 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.16 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Greenfield Hs - Troy7.85 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis8.27 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954