Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center is in Glendale, Arizona. This city is among the most populated cities in the nation with has 280,389 people. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received first-rate inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher grades in this category, with an A. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. We gave them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a score of B. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.2973 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our more positive grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is frequently a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It does not look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to the final category, this facility received a B- in nursing, which is a respectable grade. In calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 81.19% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glendale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Glendale, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 6.8 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Glendale Family Health Center - Dialysis1.8 miles away5141 W Lamar Rd Glendale Arizona 85301Dialysis Stations: 8 (623) 344-6781
- Maryvale Dialysis (Fmc)1.98 miles away4502 W Indian School Rd Ste a4-11 Phoenix Arizona 85031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (623) 247-0695
- Dialysis Center of Glendale (Fmc)2.79 miles away5957 W Northern Ave Ste 108 Glendale Arizona 85301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 435-1155
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Phoenix (Dva)3.33 miles away337 E Coronado Rd Ste 101 Phoenix Arizona 85004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 253-9006
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Maryvale (Dva)3.48 miles away4845 W Mcdowell Rd Ste 10a Phoenix Arizona 85035CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 278-8349
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Estrella (Dva)3.94 miles away8410 W Thomas Rd Ste 100 Bldg 1 Phoenix Arizona 85037CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 247-0808
- Estrella Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.07 miles away5546 W Roosevelt St Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85043CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (602) 352-0724
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)4.17 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735