Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center is in Glendale, Arizona. This city is among the most populated cities in the nation with has 280,389 people. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 91.484184 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility's least impressive area was nursing, which is the final area we scored. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of D. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 74.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 6.8 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Glendale Family Health Center - Dialysis1.8 miles away5141 W Lamar Rd Glendale Arizona 85301Dialysis Stations: 8 (623) 344-6781
- Maryvale Dialysis (Fmc)1.98 miles away4502 W Indian School Rd Ste a4-11 Phoenix Arizona 85031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (623) 247-0695
- Dialysis Center of Glendale (Fmc)2.79 miles away5957 W Northern Ave Ste 108 Glendale Arizona 85301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 435-1155
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Phoenix (Dva)3.33 miles away337 E Coronado Rd Ste 101 Phoenix Arizona 85004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 253-9006
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Maryvale (Dva)3.48 miles away4845 W Mcdowell Rd Ste 10a Phoenix Arizona 85035CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 278-8349
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Estrella (Dva)3.94 miles away8410 W Thomas Rd Ste 100 Bldg 1 Phoenix Arizona 85037CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 247-0808
- Estrella Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.07 miles away5546 W Roosevelt St Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85043CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (602) 352-0724
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)4.17 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735