Bella Terra Morton Grove is a facility located in Morton Grove, Illinois, a city with a total of 23,260 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Morton Grove. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one decent category score for inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bella Terra Morton Grove
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Morton Grove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in category J, K or L. This indicates the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to place resident health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. The nursing rating weighs a handful of datapoints, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Terra Morton Grove?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care rating. This is not a very good score. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.55639 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With a grade of this caliber in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in many staffing figures we assess. In fact, it provided substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Terra Morton Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 9.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 6.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 0.98% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 22.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 80.87% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 97.86% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 6.2% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 6.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 11.72% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 89.83% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 8.86 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Fmc - Niles2.01 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis2.27 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.67 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis2.93 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.33 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center3.89 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Glen Dialysis4.53 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston4.74 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436