Bella Terra Morton Grove is a facility located in Morton Grove, Illinois, a city with a total of 23,260 people. This nursing home is a lower end nursing home. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Morton Grove. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Bella Terra Morton Grove
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
8425 Waukegan Road,
Morton Grove IL 60053
65.54% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections category. This score is much more impressive than the place's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This statistic is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Terra Morton Grove?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable score was long-term care, where it received just a D in that category. This is a well below average grade. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 98.68421 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. In computing these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Terra Morton Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Terra Morton Grove, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 8.86 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Fmc - Niles2.01 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis2.27 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.67 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis2.93 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.33 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center3.89 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Glen Dialysis4.53 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston4.74 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436