Belaire Health Care Center is located in Gastonia, North Carolina. This facility received a grade of B overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Gastonia, which has a city grade of B-. This place definitely has plenty of good features. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Belaire Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this area. With our short-term care grade, we try to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Belaire Health Care Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, although this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a B- for this category. Long-term care grades are crucial for patients seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated only 64.79592 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belaire Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belaire Health Care Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belaire Health Care Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belaire Health Care Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belaire Health Care Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belaire Health Care Center, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belaire Health Care Center, 2.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belaire Health Care Center, 88.16% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belaire Health Care Center, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belaire Health Care Center, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Belaire Health Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belaire Health Care Center, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belaire Health Care Center, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belaire Health Care Center, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Gastonia, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Gastonia, North Carolina has 6 other nursing homes
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Atrium Health Kings MountainAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away706 W King St Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 739-3601
- Atrium Health LincolnAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away433 Mcalister Rd Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Government - Hospital District or Authority(980) 212-2000
- Atrium Health ClevelandAcute Care Hospitals 19.06 miles away201 E Grover St Shelby North Carolina 28150Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 487-3000
- Bma South Gaston Dialysis0.29 miles away710 West Hudson Blvd. Gastonia North Carolina 28052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 867-3417
- Fresenius Medical Care Gastonia3.36 miles away348 Burtonwood Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28054CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (704) 864-8863
- Fresenius Kidney Care North Gaston5.54 miles away1510 Lower Dallas Hwy Dallas North Carolina 28034Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 923-8001
- Bma Kings Mountain6.4 miles away604 Canterbury Rd Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 730-1270
- Dialysis Clinic Inc Kings Mountain8.9 miles away1010 Shelby Road Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 15 (704) 739-9342
- Belmont Dialysis Center9.51 miles away5010 Medical Care Court Belmont North Carolina 28012Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 827-2931
- Fmc Lincolnton Dialysis14.94 miles away1090 S Grove Street Ext Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 736-9300
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Charlotte15.13 miles away14166 Steele Creek Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28275Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 504-2667