Belair Care Center is the only nursing home located in Bellmore, New York. This proved to be an A+ facility, which is the highest rating we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the United States. As you will see below, this place performed equally well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Belair Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bellmore senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall score, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is considered to be a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Belair Care Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a host of datapoints included in this category. Many of the factors relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A- in that area. This finalized a straight A profile. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.039215 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belair Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belair Care Center, 2.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belair Care Center, 0.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belair Care Center, 3.26% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belair Care Center, 2.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belair Care Center, 20.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belair Care Center, 57% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belair Care Center, 99.02% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belair Care Center, 15.46% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belair Care Center, 12.41% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Belair Care Center, 0.56 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belair Care Center, 12.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belair Care Center, 3.77% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belair Care Center, 92.43% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 10.5 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore1.6 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090
- Nassau University Medical Center2.79 miles awayA. Holly Paterson Extended Care Facility 875 Jerusalem Avenue Uniondale New York 11553CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (516) 572-1800
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC3.29 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112
- Davita Freeport Kidney Center3.57 miles away351 South Main Street Freeport New York 11520CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (516) 623-1786
- Davita Garden City Dialysis Center4.09 miles away1100 Stewart Avenue Suite 2 Garden City New York 11530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 357-0004
- Nyu Langone Hospitals4.14 miles away530 Hicksville Road The Dialysis Center @ Bethpage Bethpage New York 11714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (516) 663-4980
- New York Dialysis Services Inc.4.55 miles away760 South Broadway Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 827-1370
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hempstead4.64 miles away615 Peninsula Boulevard Hempstead New York 11550CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 483-6702