Belair Care Center is the only nursing home located in Bellmore, New York. This proved to be an A+ facility, which is the highest rating we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top 10 nursing homes in New York. As you will see below, this place performed equally well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Belair Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bellmore, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall score, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is considered to be a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Belair Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a grade of of A+ for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.9011 percent of its residents. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last category we graded is nursing, where this facility received a grade of A. This finished off a very favorable report card. Few nursing homes earned an A- or better in every category. The nursing grade analyzes quite a few components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belair Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belair Care Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belair Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belair Care Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belair Care Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belair Care Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belair Care Center, 13.2% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belair Care Center, 91.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belair Care Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belair Care Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Belair Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belair Care Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belair Care Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belair Care Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 10.5 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore1.6 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090
- Nassau University Medical Center2.79 miles awayA. Holly Paterson Extended Care Facility 875 Jerusalem Avenue Uniondale New York 11553CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (516) 572-1800
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC3.29 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112
- Davita Freeport Kidney Center3.57 miles away351 South Main Street Freeport New York 11520CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (516) 623-1786
- Davita Garden City Dialysis Center4.09 miles away1100 Stewart Avenue Suite 2 Garden City New York 11530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 357-0004
- Nyu Langone Hospitals4.14 miles away530 Hicksville Road The Dialysis Center @ Bethpage Bethpage New York 11714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (516) 663-4980
- New York Dialysis Services Inc.4.55 miles away760 South Broadway Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 827-1370
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hempstead4.64 miles away615 Peninsula Boulevard Hempstead New York 11550CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 483-6702