Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center is one of a mere two nursing homes located in Goffstown, New Hampshire. With an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
29 Center Street,
Goffstown NH 03045
90% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Goffstown, New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility an A. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home was given a very positive short-term care score, with a grade of B+ in the category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home received a highly favorable long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category, completing one of our finer profiles. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 5.77% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 95.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bel-Air Nursing and Rehab Center, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 11.93 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Manchester Kidney Center4.46 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Manchester Dialysis5.18 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita5.25 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis12.03 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry12.03 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)12.39 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center14.43 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.16.85 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547