Bel Air at Teravista is a senior living facility in Round Rock, Texas, a city with a total of 139,523 people. It looks like this is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Bel Air at Teravista
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned top notch inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care grades are presumably most meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bel Air at Teravista?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility was given a favorable long-term care score, with a grade of B in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we analyzed is nursing, which turned out to be this facility's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. Sadly, this score pulled down the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bel Air at Teravista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bel Air at Teravista, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bel Air at Teravista, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bel Air at Teravista, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bel Air at Teravista, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bel Air at Teravista, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bel Air at Teravista, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bel Air at Teravista, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bel Air at Teravista, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bel Air at Teravista, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bel Air at Teravista, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bel Air at Teravista, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Round Rock, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Round Rock, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Nna - Roundrock2.02 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center3.09 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Fresenius Medical Care Chisholm Trail4.24 miles away1900 Scenic Drive Building 1 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 819-9104
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.4.55 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis4.68 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Georgetown Dialysis5.98 miles away201 Fm 971 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 819-9636
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis8.16 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc8.46 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366