Bel Air at Teravista is a senior living facility in Round Rock, Texas, a city with a total of 139,523 people. It looks like this is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bel Air at Teravista
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Round Rock senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled at short-term care, where it earned an A-. Short-term care grades are generally employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on its inspections. We awarded it an A- for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Bel Air at Teravista?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. There are several subcategories within this grade. Most of these criteria reflect staffing levels. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility was given an acceptable long-term care score of C. Our long-term care grade is typically used to score a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bel Air at Teravista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bel Air at Teravista, 6.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bel Air at Teravista, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bel Air at Teravista, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 4.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 15.98% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bel Air at Teravista, 3.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bel Air at Teravista, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bel Air at Teravista, 7.24% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bel Air at Teravista, 8.07% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Bel Air at Teravista, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bel Air at Teravista, 8.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bel Air at Teravista, 19.14% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bel Air at Teravista, 70.83% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Round Rock, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Round Rock, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Nna - Roundrock2.02 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center3.09 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Fresenius Medical Care Chisholm Trail4.24 miles away1900 Scenic Drive Building 1 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 819-9104
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.4.55 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis4.68 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Georgetown Dialysis5.98 miles away201 Fm 971 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 819-9636
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis8.16 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc8.46 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366