Bel Air at Teravista is a senior living facility in Round Rock, Texas, a city with a total of 139,523 people. It looks like this is a very good facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Bel Air at Teravista
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bel Air at Teravista?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our stronger grades in that area, with a score of B+. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last category we rated is nursing, proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. This really is one of just a couple of dings on a quality report card. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bel Air at Teravista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bel Air at Teravista, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bel Air at Teravista, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bel Air at Teravista, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bel Air at Teravista, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bel Air at Teravista, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bel Air at Teravista, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bel Air at Teravista, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bel Air at Teravista, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bel Air at Teravista, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bel Air at Teravista, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bel Air at Teravista, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bel Air at Teravista, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Round Rock, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Round Rock, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Nna - Roundrock2.02 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center3.09 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Fresenius Medical Care Chisholm Trail4.24 miles away1900 Scenic Drive Building 1 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 819-9104
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.4.55 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis4.68 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Georgetown Dialysis5.98 miles away201 Fm 971 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 819-9636
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis8.16 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc8.46 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366