Beechwood Homes is located in Getzville, New York. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is very good grade. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Getzville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Getzville, New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Getzville, New York Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive achievements in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beechwood Homes?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an above average long-term care grade, with a B+ in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.73719 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the last category, this facility received an acceptable nursing grade. While this was not as dominant as several of its other grades, this is still a middle of the pack score. There are many data points included in this area. Most of the criteria relate to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beechwood Homes Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beechwood Homes, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beechwood Homes, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beechwood Homes, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beechwood Homes, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beechwood Homes, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beechwood Homes, 13.75% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beechwood Homes, 90.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beechwood Homes, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beechwood Homes, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Beechwood Homes, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beechwood Homes, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beechwood Homes, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beechwood Homes, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 12.67 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Eastern Niagara HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away521 East Avenue Lockport New York 14094Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 514-5700
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away621 Tenth Street Niagara Falls New York 14302Voluntary non-profit - Other(716) 278-4000
- Davita Suburban Dialysis1.43 miles away705 Maple Road Suite 600 Buffalo New York 14221CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (716) 630-6640
- Us Renal Care Williamsville Dialysis2.59 miles away7964 Transit Road, Suite 8-A Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 634-1841
- Us Renal Care Amherst Dialysis3.32 miles away2880, Sheridan Dr Tonawanda New York 14150Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 541-9165
- Pure Life Renal of Buffalo Inc.3.67 miles away6010 Main Street Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 631-4700
- Us Renal Care Tonawanda Dialysis3.96 miles away3161 Eggert Road Tonawanda New York 14150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 832-0159
- Davita Cleve Hill Dialysis Center4.85 miles away1461 Kensington Avenue Buffalo New York 14215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 831-8892
- Davita Northtowns Dialysis Center5.15 miles away4041 Delaware Avenue Ste 150 Tonawanda New York 14150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (716) 871-8103
- Fms-Kenmore Artificial Kidney Center6.18 miles away1508 Sheridan Drive Buffalo New York 14217CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (716) 871-9988