The Beechwood Home is an average-sized non-profit facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the top scores that we offer. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. In spite of Cincinnati featuring 34 nursing homes to select from, this one stood out as a superb choice. This nursing home also received phenomenal grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Beechwood Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is as good as it gets in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to receive several A+ category scores. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.849464 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Beechwood Home ?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in computing our score in this area. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B. This actually proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest grade still beats out most other facilities. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is frequently a fair assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Beechwood Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Beechwood Home , 5.6% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Beechwood Home , 2.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Beechwood Home , 4.35% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Beechwood Home , 10.58% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Beechwood Home , 27.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Beechwood Home , 7.11% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Beechwood Home , 98.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Beechwood Home , 8.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Beechwood Home , 16.94% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In The Beechwood Home , 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Beechwood Home , 16.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 2.22 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood1.69 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis1.84 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111
- Dci - Cincinnati2.21 miles away499 East Mcmillan Street Cincinnati Ohio 45206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (513) 281-0091
- Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Med Ctr2.23 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue, Unit - Mlc 7022 Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 7 (513) 636-4443
- Us Renal Care of Norwood Dialysis2.29 miles away1721 Tennessee Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 242-6733
- Davita - Mt Auburn Dialysis2.47 miles away2109 Reading Road Cincinnati Ohio 45202Dialysis Stations: 28 (513) 784-1800
- Davita - Christ Hospital2.91 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis3 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420