Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Beecher, Illinois. This facility was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor rating. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Beecher. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third best category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. In computing our short-term care grades, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is frequently a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 93.333336 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beecher Manor Nrsg & Rehab Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Franciscan Health Crown PointAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1201 S Main St Crown Point Indiana 46307Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 757-6100
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.56 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 18.77 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Fmc - Steger Dialysis8.03 miles away219 E. 34th Street Steger Illinois 60475Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-3770
- Davita - St. John Dialysis9.75 miles away10033 Wicker Ave Saint John Indiana 46373Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 365-5043
- Fkc - Chicago Heights10.1 miles away15 E Independence Drive Chicago Heights Illinois 60411Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-5898
- Fmc - Dyer10.98 miles away2150 Gettler Street, Suite 105 Dyer Indiana 46311Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 322-3710
- Davita - Olympia Fields Dialysis Center11.25 miles away4557 B West Lincoln Highway Matteson Illinois 60443CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 503-1112
- Davita - Chicago Heights Dialysis11.61 miles away177 B West Joe Orr Rd Chicago Heights Illinois 60411CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 755-9000
- Fmc - South Suburban11.87 miles away2609 W Lincoln Hwy Olympia Fields Illinois 60461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (708) 747-0050
- Dcc - Olympia Fields12.56 miles away3322 Vollmer Rd. Suite C Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 964-2250