Located in Beech Grove, Indiana, Beech Grove Meadows is one of only two available facilities there. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. This place has some things working in its favor. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Beech Grove Meadows
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received impressive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a B. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Beech Grove Meadows?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing rating is mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Finally, although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did well in this subcategory.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, where we gave this facility a C in that category. Our long-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of nursing care. This includes a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beech Grove Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beech Grove Meadows, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beech Grove Meadows, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beech Grove Meadows, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beech Grove Meadows, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beech Grove Meadows, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beech Grove Meadows, 12.38% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beech Grove Meadows, 91.56% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beech Grove Meadows, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beech Grove Meadows, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Beech Grove Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beech Grove Meadows, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beech Grove Meadows, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beech Grove Meadows, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.81 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Davita - Marion County1.47 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.12 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Indy East4.79 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Indiana Dialysis Company5.07 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy5.2 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Fmc - Circle City5.34 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis5.44 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Fmc - Irvington5.66 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207