Located in Beech Grove, Indiana, Beech Grove Meadows is one of only two available facilities there. It looks like this is a great nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. This place definitely has plenty working in its favor. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Beech Grove Meadows
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2002 Albany St,
Beech Grove IN 46107
46.01% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially want to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Not many facilities performed better in this category. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beech Grove Meadows?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing grade considers several datapoints. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was nursing, ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. This was one of the few dings in an otherwise strong report card. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beech Grove Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beech Grove Meadows, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beech Grove Meadows, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beech Grove Meadows, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beech Grove Meadows, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beech Grove Meadows, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beech Grove Meadows, 12.89% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beech Grove Meadows, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beech Grove Meadows, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beech Grove Meadows, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Beech Grove Meadows, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beech Grove Meadows, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beech Grove Meadows, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beech Grove Meadows, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.81 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Davita - Marion County1.47 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.12 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Indy East4.79 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Indiana Dialysis Company5.07 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy5.2 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Fmc - Circle City5.34 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis5.44 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Fmc - Irvington5.66 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207