Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year. Hopefully, new ownership is able to elevate its quality standards.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility had 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you this facility dodged the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category was short-term care, but it still received just a D in that category. This turns out to be a well below average score. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.1 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. We looked at the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 24 percent of its patients. This is significantly lower than what we expected. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 4.11% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. High rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 88.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.05 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand1.17 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau1.45 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- South City Dialysis1.66 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- St. Louis Dialysis Center2.02 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Forest Park Kidney Center2.07 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.35 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.39 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065