Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Saint Louis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this nursing home actually received one decent category score in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place had 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing grade is primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This statistic is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care rating, which is not a score to write home about. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this facility did not fare well in this area either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 58.7013 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit less than average. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 6.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 0.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 1.1% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 14.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 8.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 67.37% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 22.32% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 22.54% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 22.54% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 13.96% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 60.1% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.05 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand1.17 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau1.45 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- South City Dialysis1.66 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- St. Louis Dialysis Center2.02 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Forest Park Kidney Center2.07 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.35 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.39 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065