Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year. Hopefully, new ownership is able to elevate its quality standards.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility had 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you this facility dodged the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category was short-term care, but it still received just a D in that category. This turns out to be a well below average score. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an impressive grade of D for that category, which is one of our best scores. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility really didn't perform well in this area either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 33.423912 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 4.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beauvais Manor Healthcare & Rehab Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.05 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand1.17 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau1.45 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- South City Dialysis1.66 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- St. Louis Dialysis Center2.02 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Forest Park Kidney Center2.07 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.35 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.39 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065