Beautiful Savior Home is a large non-profit nursing home located in Belton, Missouri. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive grades that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes nationally. This place also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Beautiful Savior Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also performed well in the area of long-term care, where it earned a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.67427 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Beautiful Savior Home?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this facility received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home finished off a very impressive report card. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beautiful Savior Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beautiful Savior Home, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beautiful Savior Home, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beautiful Savior Home, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beautiful Savior Home, 4.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beautiful Savior Home, 88.53% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beautiful Savior Home, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beautiful Savior Home, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Beautiful Savior Home, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beautiful Savior Home, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beautiful Savior Home, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beautiful Savior Home, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 12.55 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton1.79 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis5.24 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Timberlake Dialysis8.18 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis9.65 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis10.2 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph10.25 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood10.59 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit10.89 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711