Beautiful Savior Home is a large non-profit nursing home located in Belton, Missouri. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. It was given one of the highest ratings we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent marks across the board. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 50 nursing homes in Missouri. We also gave this nursing home impressive scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Beautiful Savior Home
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1003 South Cedar Street,
Belton MO 64012
62.3% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a first-rate long-term care score. This actually turned out to be this facility's second strongest category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.65 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Beautiful Savior Home?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing rating includes many subcategories, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility received an extremely favorable short-term care score. Even though this wasn't nearly as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still one of the better grades a facility can receive. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is considered to be a fair assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the majority of nursing homes in the country with 49.6 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beautiful Savior Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beautiful Savior Home, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beautiful Savior Home, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beautiful Savior Home, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beautiful Savior Home, 4.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beautiful Savior Home, 89.97% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beautiful Savior Home, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beautiful Savior Home, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Beautiful Savior Home, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beautiful Savior Home, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beautiful Savior Home, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beautiful Savior Home, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 12.55 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton1.79 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis5.24 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Timberlake Dialysis8.18 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis9.65 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis10.2 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph10.25 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood10.59 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit10.89 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711