Beautiful Savior Home is a senior living facility located in Belton, Missouri. The city has a total of 27,260 people. This nursing home is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Beautiful Savior Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1003 South Cedar Street,
Belton MO 64012
67.22% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this facility especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in that category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded a dominant long-term care score. In fact, long-term care ended up being its second most impressive category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a score of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.82609 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Beautiful Savior Home?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing rating features a host of factors. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care. In this area, we gave this facility an acceptable grade of C. This actually proved to be this facility's weakest area. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beautiful Savior Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beautiful Savior Home, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beautiful Savior Home, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beautiful Savior Home, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beautiful Savior Home, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beautiful Savior Home, 5.4% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beautiful Savior Home, 86.07% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beautiful Savior Home, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beautiful Savior Home, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
In Beautiful Savior Home, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beautiful Savior Home, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beautiful Savior Home, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beautiful Savior Home, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 12.55 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton1.79 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis5.24 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Timberlake Dialysis8.18 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis9.65 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis10.2 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph10.25 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood10.59 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit10.89 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711