With an address in Dearborn, Michigan, Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn is one of just two nursing homes in the city. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. You flat out can't do any better than this place. As you can see below, this place also performed well in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a strong short-term care grade. In fact, this proved to be its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. There are quite a few datapoints included in this area. Many of the datapoints relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, this place was hit with a category L deficiency, which is not what we expected given its inspection score. This category of deficiency means CMS uncovered a widespread deficiency placing patient health or safety in immediate danger. In spite of this major red flag, other aspects of this facility's inspection report gave us some hope.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded proved to be this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even its weakest link would likely be a highlight for most facilities. We awarded it an above average grade of B for long-term care. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.739494 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents which have had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 3.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 91.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehabilitation & Continuing Care Dearborn, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 8.06 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.23 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services1.04 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc1.48 miles away5250 Auto Club Dr Ste 100 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 13 (313) 982-9820
- Dearborn Kidney Center, LLC1.92 miles away5111 Auto Club Dr Bldg B, Ste 120 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 982-9788
- Greenfield Hs - Dearborn1.94 miles away19001 Hubbard Dr Dearborn Michigan 48126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (313) 441-1160
- Davita - Dearborn2.36 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Davita - Dearborn at Home2.4 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr2.79 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita East Dearborn Dialysis3.16 miles away13200 W Warren Ave Suite A Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 582-0131