Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough is in Westborough, Massachusetts. This facility is one of the best facilities we assessed. This nursing home was given one of the highest grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westborough senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a great overall grade, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant grades, this facility received a strong short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A-. Only a select group of facilities received a better grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.62069 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. We awarded it an A- for that area. This wrapped up a straight A profile. When determining a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 5.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 2.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 0.94% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 21.39% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 11.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 0.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 99.31% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 14.5% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 9.29% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 9.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 6.27% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 72.65% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 16.79 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 18.57 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough2.77 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)6.93 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems7.77 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester8.13 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc8.15 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham8.74 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Shrewsbury Street Dialysis8.92 miles away267 Shrewsbury Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (774) 530-6353
- Saint Vincent's Hospital10.05 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 123 Summer St, Suite 380 Worcester Massachusetts 01608Dialysis Stations: 12 (508) 363-9460