Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough is in Westborough, Massachusetts. This facility appears to be one of the more impressive facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires high-end marks across the board. This grade is even higher than the city grade of B+ in Westborough, which is also an impressive grade. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this area. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also fared very well in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is more often than not a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home also performed admirably in our long-term care category. We awarded it a B+ in this area. This completed a first-rate report card. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 75 percent of its patients. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that had falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 1.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 91.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center at Westborough, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 16.79 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 18.57 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough2.77 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)6.93 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems7.77 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester8.13 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc8.15 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham8.74 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Shrewsbury Street Dialysis8.92 miles away267 Shrewsbury Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (774) 530-6353
- Saint Vincent's Hospital10.05 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 123 Summer St, Suite 380 Worcester Massachusetts 01608Dialysis Stations: 12 (508) 363-9460