AdviniaCare Northbridge is a nursing home located in Northbridge, Massachusetts, which has a total of 5,631 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Northbridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a strong short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about AdviniaCare Northbridge?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, this is its third most impressive category score. In that category, this facility received a grade of A-. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.242424 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next area we looked at is nursing. In this category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also factored a few quality measures into our nursing grades. This place was relatively weak in two of the major areas we focus on, with below average scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdviniaCare Northbridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 10.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 6.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 1.79% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 20.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 11.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 0.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 98.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 20.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 17.34% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 17.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 14.55% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdviniaCare Northbridge, 69.12% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley6.96 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc8.34 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)9.4 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems9.59 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Auburn Health LLC9.93 miles away771 South Bridge Street Suite 1 Auburn Massachusetts 01501Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 832-3604
- Davita Shrewsbury Street Dialysis10.03 miles away267 Shrewsbury Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (774) 530-6353
- Freedom Center of Worcester10.1 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- Saint Vincent's Hospital10.43 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 123 Summer St, Suite 380 Worcester Massachusetts 01608Dialysis Stations: 12 (508) 363-9460