Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro is one of only two available facilities located in Northborough, Massachusetts. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of the best grades we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the country. This nursing home also received consistently good scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Northborough senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Northborough, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Northborough, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was given a first-rate score of A- in our short-term care category. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.4359 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final area, this facility also was given a first-rate nursing score, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very favorable report card. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 2.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 91.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Northboro, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Health Alliance - Clinton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.92 miles away60 Hospital Road Leominster Massachusetts 01453Voluntary non-profit - Other(978) 466-2000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 17.28 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.1 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough3.1 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)5.12 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems5.98 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester6.16 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc6.94 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- Davita Shrewsbury Street Dialysis7.12 miles away267 Shrewsbury Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (774) 530-6353
- Davita Pdi Worcester7.9 miles away19 Glennie Street Suite A Worcester Massachusetts 01605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (508) 421-9539
- Saint Vincent's Hospital8.28 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 123 Summer St, Suite 380 Worcester Massachusetts 01608Dialysis Stations: 12 (508) 363-9460