Located in Natick, Massachusetts, Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick is one of four available facilities in the city. With an overall rating of A, this facility is among the most elite nursing homes we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Natick senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in long-term care, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 95.3271 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. There are quite a few criteria included in this grade. Many of the factors reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. We awarded this facility one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. While this was not as high as many of its other grades, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable grade. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 0.98% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 22.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 22.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 97.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 6.45% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 5.85% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 5.85% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 6.51% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 70.29% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Natick, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Natick, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 9.22 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham4.1 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Wellesley Dialysis5.62 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham9.24 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston10.2 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)10.48 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Dci Walden Pond11.15 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis11.82 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Davita Brookline Dialysis12.05 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794