Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick is one of four available nursing homes in Natick, Massachusetts. We have a high opinion of this nursing home, which we gave a B+ overall. We were also impressed with the city grade of nursing homes in Natick, making this one of the best places to find a nursing home. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3 Vision Drive,
Natick MA 01760
91.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a score of A for that category, which turns out to be one of our better grades. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 94.41341 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 1.4 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home and discovered this was this facility's strongest datapoint within this area. This place fared well in this area with 58.7 percent of its patients returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this metric.
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable nursing rating. Although this isn't as good as a few of its other grades, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. In determining our nursing grades, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing ratings also weigh quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed above average in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 3.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 19.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 1.96% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 91.59% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 19.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 19.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 10.96 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center - Natick, 70.74% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Natick, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Natick, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 9.22 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham4.1 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Wellesley Dialysis5.62 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham9.24 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston10.2 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)10.48 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Dci Walden Pond11.15 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis11.82 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Davita Brookline Dialysis12.05 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794