Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills is a large non-profit facility located in Farmington, Michigan. Featuring an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a great choice. Based on our analysis, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received a very impressive short-term care rating. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our nursing grade is largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category J through L deficiencies. This means that inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to put patient health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we awarded this facility a grade of C in this area. Long-term care grades are generally used to assess a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.87234 percent of its patients, which is a very solid figure. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 3.47% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care Farmington Hills, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Fmc - Botsford Park1.58 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC1.79 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis3.62 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.21 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.43 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.62 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Redford4.65 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia4.71 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780