Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills is a large non-profit facility located in Farmington, Michigan. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our ratings, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Farmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility performed well in our nursing category. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in the area of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of A for that area, which happens to be one of our best scores. Our short-term care grades are believed to be most important for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills?
Furthermore, this nursing home also received impressive government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with a B. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care, which is this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that category. Nevertheless, we wouldn't judge this nursing home based only on a single bad area, since it was awarded a few excellent scores in other areas. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.25094 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 3.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 91.02% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Fmc - Botsford Park1.58 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC1.79 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis3.62 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.21 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.43 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.62 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Redford4.65 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia4.71 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780