Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills is a large non-profit facility located in Farmington, Michigan. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our ratings, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an elite short-term care score. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A in this category, which really helped out its overall score. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing grade is largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category J through L deficiencies. This means that inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to put patient health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, we awarded this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This is the nursing home's worst category grade. Sadly, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.13376 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. To our surprise, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 3.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 91.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont Commons – Farmington Hills, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Fmc - Botsford Park1.58 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC1.79 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis3.62 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.21 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.43 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.62 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Redford4.65 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia4.71 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780