Beaumont at Bryn Mawr is located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 21,103 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of A+, which is a very strong grade. Indeed, it is actually the number one rated facility in Bryn Mawr. Based on our assessment, this facility is simply as good as it gets. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this facility so favorably is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is just about as elite as it gets in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 88.42975 percent of its patients. This is a bit lower than we expected but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont at Bryn Mawr?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing scores are largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home also performed admirably in the short-term care category. We gave it an A- for this category. This wrapped up a straight A profile. Short-term care scores are vital for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont at Bryn Mawr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 3.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bryn Mawr, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.48 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.1.34 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Freedom Dialysis LLC1.93 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis2.03 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.1 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis4.31 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Davita - City Line4.86 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.14 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook5.69 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178