Beaumont at Bryn Mawr is located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 21,103 people. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 50 nursing homes in Pennsylvania. Based on our assessment, this facility is really as good as it gets. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
601 North Ithan Avenue,
Bryn Mawr PA 19010
87.5% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A+. Our nursing score considers a variety of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaumont at Bryn Mawr?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 91.53846 percent of its patients. This is a bit below what we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we scored is short-term care, where this facility was awarded an A-. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Very few nursing homes received an A- or higher in every category. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaumont at Bryn Mawr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 86.27% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.48 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.1.34 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Freedom Dialysis LLC1.93 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis2.03 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.1 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis4.31 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Davita - City Line4.86 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.14 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook5.69 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178