Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in Richmond, Virginia. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 364,141 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. In our view, you'd be better off to steer clear of this nursing home. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Richmond senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we awarded this facility a C for our short-term care rating, which really isn't too bad of a score. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility didn't perform very well in this area either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 66.44068 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is several points below the national average. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.71% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.38% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 45.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 73.85% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 29.14% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.49% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.49% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.12% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation Center, 60.21% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Richmond, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Richmond, Virginia has 4 other nursing homes
- Cjw Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away7101 Jahnke Road Richmond Virginia 23235Proprietary(804) 320-3911
- Bon Secours St Marys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away5801 Bremo Rd Richmond Virginia 23226Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 285-2011
- Henrico Doctors' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1602 Skipwith Road Henrico Virginia 23229Voluntary non-profit - Other(804) 289-4500
- Bon Secours Richmond Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away1500 N. 28th Street Richmond Virginia 23223Voluntary non-profit - Private(804) 225-1700
- Bon Secours St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away13710 St Francis Boulevard Midlothian Virginia 23114Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 594-7400
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away8260 Atlee Road Mechanicsville Virginia 23116Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 764-6000
- John Randolph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away411 West Randolph Road Hopewell Virginia 23860Proprietary(804) 541-1600
- Davita - Hioaks Dialysis0.44 miles away671 Hioaks Rd Ste A Richmond Virginia 23225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (804) 272-0179
- Livingston Dialysis LLC2.28 miles away4900 Forest Hill Ave Richmond Virginia 23225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (804) 230-3594
- Westhampton Dialysis Center LLC5 miles away5320 Patterson Avenue Richmond Virginia 23226Dialysis Stations: 17 (804) 285-3394
- Hopkins Road Dialysis5.27 miles away5750 Hopkins Road Richmond Virginia 23234Dialysis Stations: 17 (804) 275-8631
- Rai - West Leigh-Richmond5.47 miles away800 W Leigh Street Suite B Richmond Virginia 23220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (804) 649-8070
- Total Renal Care - East End5.8 miles away2201 E Main St Richmond Virginia 23223Dialysis Stations: 6 (804) 643-3050
- Vcu Medical Center5.88 miles awayRenal Dialysis Unit 1200 E Marshall St Box 985904 Richmond Virginia 23298Dialysis Stations: 9 (804) 828-9224
- Fresenius Kidney Care Richmond South6.19 miles away5802 Jefferson Davis Hwy Richmond Virginia 23234Dialysis Stations: 13 (804) 271-4718