Bear Creek Senior Living is a small nursing home located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we found. This facility was given one of the top ratings that we offer. This is really as good of a facility as you're going to find. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category ratings. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Bear Creek Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Bear Creek Senior Living has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Recreational Therapy
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. We were not able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A in the area. Our short-term care grade is typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bear Creek Senior Living?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in this area. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we graded is nursing, where this facility was awarded an A-. This finished off a very impressive profile. Only a select few facilities earned an A- or higher in all four categories. Nursing grades are largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 20 other nursing homes
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 2.71 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.56 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)3.75 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)4.02 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)4.18 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)4.23 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)7.66 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)10.92 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223