Beacon Hill is a small non-profit nursing home located in Lombard, Illinois. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in Illinois. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite facilities. We flat out can't say enough favorable things about this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lombard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lombard, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lombard, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lombard, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall score, we gave this nursing home an A+ for inspections. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This top notch nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beacon Hill?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. The nursing rating weighs a host of subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care rating. While this wasn't nearly as good as a few of its other grades, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. With our long-term care score, we focus on the volume of care offered by a nursing home, along with a few quality data points. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Finally, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beacon Hill Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beacon Hill, 9.88% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beacon Hill, 73.41% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis0.57 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC0.67 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC0.67 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center1.8 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn1.94 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa2.78 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933
- Nx Stage Kidney Care3.58 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies3.92 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458