Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente is a large nursing home located in Pasadena, Texas. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our ratings, this nursing home likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. In spite of all this, this nursing home did just fine in our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pasadena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid places that had too many deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home's received an unfortunate long-term care score where it received a lowly F. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 94.38944 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With a score this poor for this area, we were not stunned to find that this facility was below average in several staffing figures we assess. The facility provided far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 4.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Cente, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.12 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Bayshore Dialysis Center1.2 miles away4901 E Sam Houston Pkwy S Pasadena Texas 77505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 487-0586
- Sng Pasadena Dialysis Center Lp1.38 miles away5040 Crenshaw Road Suite 200 Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 703-0450
- Lifealysis Kidney Care, LLC2.27 miles away4300 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 19 (832) 617-8816
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.2.51 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856
- Space City Dialysis Pasadena - Dsi, LLC3.22 miles away3402 Burke Road Suite 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 425-0428
- Pine Park Dialysis3.41 miles away3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena Texas 77504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 943-1463
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.4.91 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Fresenius Medical Care Beamer5.47 miles away12727 Beamer Road Houston Texas 77089Dialysis Stations: 21 (281) 922-9930