Baywind Village Convalescent Center is a nursing home in League City, Texas, which has a total of 71,580 people. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in League City. You could definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this place's report card is its stellar inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Baywind Village Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a grade of B in our long-term care category. This happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Baywind Village Convalescent Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this facility in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. With our short-term care grade, we try to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
The next category we assessed was nursing. We gave it a C in that category. This is a decent grade in this area. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared with most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. While this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baywind Village Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term patients which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 4.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baywind Village Convalescent Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- South Shore Annex Dialysis1.26 miles away16750 Highway 3 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 332-4719
- Davita - South Shore Dialysis Center2.02 miles away212 I-45 South Suite G-3 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 554-6050
- Clear Lake Kidney Center2.41 miles away1550 Live Oak Webster Texas 77598CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 554-4900
- Luxury Dialycare, Pllc2.68 miles away600 N. Kobayashi Rd. Suite 108 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 525-6427
- Bay City Regional Dialysis Center2.91 miles away200 Medical Center Court, Suite 200 Bay City Texas 77414Dialysis Stations: 16 (979) 323-0818
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.2.96 miles away400 W Medical Center Blvd Ste 125 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 332-0046
- Sng League City Dialysis, Lp3.63 miles away2785 Gulf Freeway S Suite 145 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 16 (832) 340-2404
- Victory Lakes Dialysis3.75 miles away3290 Gulf Freeway S Suite H Dickinson Texas 77539Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 337-2175