Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is a nursing home in League City, Texas, which has a total of 71,580 people. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on League City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in League City, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A for that area, which happens to be one of our most impressive grades. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of C in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing grade features a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care. We gave this facility a D for short-term care, rendering this its worst grade. With our short-term care grade, we strive to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. It looks like this place was below average in several staffing areas we focus on. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 29.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 0.72% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 27.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 97.73% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.24% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 32.64% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 32.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baywind Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 71.54% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- South Shore Annex Dialysis1.26 miles away16750 Highway 3 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 332-4719
- Davita - South Shore Dialysis Center2.02 miles away212 I-45 South Suite G-3 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 554-6050
- Clear Lake Kidney Center2.41 miles away1550 Live Oak Webster Texas 77598CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 554-4900
- Luxury Dialycare, Pllc2.68 miles away600 N. Kobayashi Rd. Suite 108 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 525-6427
- Bay City Regional Dialysis Center2.91 miles away200 Medical Center Court, Suite 200 Bay City Texas 77414Dialysis Stations: 16 (979) 323-0818
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.2.96 miles away400 W Medical Center Blvd Ste 125 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 332-0046
- Sng League City Dialysis, Lp3.63 miles away2785 Gulf Freeway S Suite 145 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 16 (832) 340-2404
- Victory Lakes Dialysis3.75 miles away3290 Gulf Freeway S Suite H Dickinson Texas 77539Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 337-2175