Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Baytown, Texas, a city with 103,027 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically indicates a few red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Baytown. The city has just three other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Baytown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this facility overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this category. This is essentially a middle of the pack grade in this area. In determining our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living received by a nursing home's patients. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second lowest score is short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we discovered that this facility offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home really did not fare very well in this area either. Due to a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.09% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.08% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 1% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.01% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.01% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 9.23% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 67.1% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.84 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.78 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis0.9 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Davita Baytown Dialysis1.19 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North3.08 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis5.48 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center8.42 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis9.86 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.78 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856