Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Baytown, Texas, a city with 103,027 people. This nursing home received an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Baytown. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable grades in that area with a B. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was short-term care, but it still earned a grade of just D in that area. This ended up being a well below average score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. With a grade in this range for this category, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home was well below average in the two key staffing areas we assess. It supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.4 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. This facility's received an unfortunate long-term care score where it was given a lowly F. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next category we scored was nursing. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. The nursing category weighs a handful of data points, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 94.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.84 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.78 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis0.9 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Davita Baytown Dialysis1.19 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North3.08 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis5.48 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center8.42 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis9.86 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.78 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856