Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Baytown, Texas, a city with 103,027 people. This nursing home received an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Baytown. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3921 N Main,
Baytown TX 77521
56.33% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable grades in that area with a B. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was short-term care, but it still earned a grade of just D in that area. This ended up being a well below average score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. With a grade in this range for this category, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home was well below average in the two key staffing areas we assess. It supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second least favorable category is long-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The last area we assessed was nursing. It received a lowly F in this category, which is an abysmal grade. In determining a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these data points to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents which have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baytown Nursing & Rehab Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.84 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.78 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis0.9 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Davita Baytown Dialysis1.19 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North3.08 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis5.48 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center8.42 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis9.86 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.78 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856